Monivae College Sports Academy (MSCA) is a full time integrated academic and sporting program for male and female students. Specialist sports covered are: cricket, basketball, football (AFL), netball and swimming. The program is planned to allow student athletes to develop their sporting talent at a state-of-the-art training facility, under the tutelage of expert sport and fitness coaches, while receiving their secondary education in an innovative and integrated approach.
MCSA is available for students in Years 7 to 10 from 2023.
MCSA students will have a portion of their lessons devoted to core curriculum (including English, Maths, Science and Religion). Depending on their year level a balance of their remaining electives are devoted to the MCSA program consisting of the following:
- sport specific skills coaching
- strength and conditioning coaching on their general fitness and sport specific fitness
- working with high performance specialists including dietetics, psychology and physiotherapy
Students in Years 7 & 8 complete 6 periods per cycle in the MCSA and are also able to complete all elective options. Students in Year 9 complete 10 periods per cycle in the MCSA and are able to choose a compulsory elective from the Performing Arts and Visual Arts and Technology subjects and select a Minor elective for Semester 1 & 2. Students in Year 10 complete 10 periods per cycle in the MCSA.
The MCSA support team consists of:
- Head of Cricket: Keith Jansz -Former Vic Premier Head Coach for Frankston Peninsula CC and Sri Lankan Women’s T20 Assistant Coach. Level 3 High Performance Cricket Coach
- Head of Basketball: Matt Sutton - Current WNBL1 Head Coach for Mt Gambier Pioneers and former NBL player for 36’ers
- Head of Football: Brendan McCartney - Former AFL Coach, Western Bulldogs and Assistant Coach, Richmond, Geelong, Essendon and Melbourne Football Clubs
- Head of Netball: Sarah Wall - CEO and Founder of NetFit and Former player with NSW Swifts, Melbourne Vixens, Queensland Firebirds and Melbourne Phoenix
- Head of Strength & Conditioning: Sam Carr - Senior Strength & Conditioning coach with Fed University, Masters of S&C
- Swimming Technique Coach: James Magnussen - Dual World Champion, three time Olympic medallist, Commonwealth Gold medallist, fifth fastest 100m freestyle swim of all time
- Sports Dietitian: Ola Luczak - Accredited Sports Dietitian, specialising in elite and junior athletes. Former nutrition roles at Melbourne Victory and St Kilda Football Clubs
- Physiotherapist and Podiatrist: Gen Health, Hamilton
For enquiries regarding MCSA, please contact Clinton Thomas, MCSA Co-ordinator on
To download a MCSA Prospectus, click here.