Monivae College Sports Academy (MSCA) is a full time integrated academic and sporting program for pre-elite male and female student cricketers and basketballers. Football (AFL), netball and swimming will be added as specialist sports in 2023. The program is planned to allow student athletes to develop their sporting talent at a state-of-the-art training facility, under the tutelage of expert sport and fitness coaches, while receiving their secondary education in an innovative and integrated approach.
MCSA is available for students in Years 7 to 10 in 2023.
MCSA students will have a portion of their lessons devoted to core curriculum (including English, Maths, Science and Religion). Depending on their year level a balance of their remaining electives are devoted to the MCSA program consisting of the following:
- sport specific skills coaching
- strength and conditioning coaching on their general fitness and sport specific fitness
- working with high performance specialists including dietetics, psychology and physiotherapy
The MCSA support team consists of:
- Head of Cricket: Keith Jansz -Former Vic Premier Head Coach for Frankston Peninsula CC and Sri Lankan Women’s T20 Assistant Coach. Level 3 High Performance Cricket Coach
- Head of Basketball: Matt Sutton - Current WNBL1 Head Coach for Mt Gambier Pioneers and former NBL player for 36’ers
- Head of Strength & Conditioning: Sam Carr - Senior Strength & Conditioning coach with Fed University, Masters of S&C
- Sports Dietitian: Ola Luczak - Accredited Sports Dietitian, specialising in elite and junior athletes. Former nutrition roles at Melbourne Victory and St Kilda Football Clubs
- Physiotherapist and Podiatrist: Gen Health, Hamilton
- *Football, netball and swimming specialists to be announced soon
Applying students for the 2023 intake will undertake selection trials in July 2022. To complete a new online MCSA enrolment enquiry click here . Applications for 2023 enrolment close on June 24th 2022. Currently enrolled students should refer to the Prospectus (link below) to register their interest.
Monivae College is offering a number of generous MCSA Boarding Scholarships. For information on scholarships and application forms click here
To download a MCSA Prospectus, click here.